18 July 2009

oh boy, did i learn a lesson...

It may seem that I vanished for the past couple weeks- all because I've been under the weather.  The past week and a half has been a roller coaster of unhealthiness.  It started with with me waking up with a sore throat and a fever one morning, but I wanted to be a trooper, so I went to work anyway.  However, once I got there, I failed at fighting the sickness and ended up going to Andre's and pretty much passing out there for 3 days.  Luckily, he's got remarkable nurturing skills and took care of me.  He brought me to the doctor and I found out that I had strep-throat. But thank god for antibiotics... I started taking them immediately and felt better in a matter of days.
Until.... I thought I was better last Tuesday and stopped taking them because I wanted to go out for drinks and I didn't want to mix them. Worst idea ever.  Thursday night I had lots of wine/sangria (note the picture) at a friend's birthday party and ended up waking up in the middle of the night with the chills and a fever.  As well, my throat felt like it was the size of Nebraska, so I didn't go to work on Friday (yesterday).  Today I took it easy and read by the pool..and didn't feel too bad. Hooray for drugs!  But I did learn that I need to finish all of my antibiotics before consuming an abundance of alcohol, or just finish them in general!
On a happier note, Andre and I are officially going to Santiago de Compostela and Porto, Portugal in 2 weeks! I am absolutely thrilled. It will be the perfect way to end my Spanish escapades- I can't see myself doing anything better than this. :)
xoxo,

mp





No comments:

Post a Comment