05 June 2009

en route.

The trek to Spain officially began this morning when I entered the Minneapolis airport with my bags [practically tipping over] -even the lady working at the Continental desk told me that I could probably fit in my Kelty bag! Anyway, I got through security pretty smoothly and headed for Concourse E [and of course stopped for a Diet Coke on the way].
I had a pleasant surprise when I was sitting at the gate. The girl sitting across from me was reading a Chuck Klosterman book also! So, naturally, before we boarded I struck up a conversation with her. She was excited that I enjoyed him too. Her name was Devin and she was suppose to be on my flight- but her connecting flight got canceled. Bummer- we could have been best friends.
I soon boarded the plane- that might as well have been a plane made for children. It was tiny. It may sound funny coming from me because I'm not the biggest girl- but I even hit my head. There weren't even overhead compartments. I ended up switching seats with a couple so they could sit together [how sweet, I know]- which landed me next to a stereotypical businessman with his Wall Street Journal and coffee in hand. Fortunately, he was a nice fellow [with a thick New Jersey accent, water = wuder] and fortunately for him, I was a small girl. He told me that he usually gets stuck with huge men next to him- so he was happy when I crawled into the window seat. I soon put on some Bon Iver and took a snooze on the seat table. Not too much later after I woke up, we landed [more like fell out of the sky because the landing was so rough] in the beautiful [used loosely] state that is New Jersey.
I am now sitting near my gate and still have 3 and 1/2 hours to kill before my departure to Barcelona. But thank god for the Internet and entertaining New Jersey accents- or I probably would have died of boredom.

xoxo,
mp

No comments:

Post a Comment