28 June 2009

red wine + tapas + beaches + great friends = the good life.

Once again I've been naughty and haven't written for quite some time.  It's probably due to the fact that I haven't really been home much!  I've been spending a lot of quality time with my co- workers who are absolutely fabulous.
This past week just seems like a blur.  I once again pulled an all-nighter at work, I was there from 10am Monday until 9am Tuesday- and luckily Andre trusts me and gave me his keys to go sleep at his place allllll day while he worked [poor guy!].  As well, on Thursday evening there was an opening fiesta for my work's new exhibition at a local art museum!  However, I ended up getting there about 2 hours late [because I was keeping Andre company while he was trying to finish up some last minute projects!] and then after the party around 10:30- all of us Cloud 9 workers went to a traditional Spanish dinner across the street. The dinner lasted 3 hours- no joke.  We had about 6 different tapas going around, soon had some paella and nibbled on some dessert- meanwhile lots of red wine was going around too.  After dinner, a bunch of decided to go to a hookah bar- we got there around 2ish.  Unfortunately the bar closed @ 3 and we got kicked out... but good times were had there.  
Friday I didn't show up to the studio until 4ish [the perks of being tight with the co-workers!].  We had a meeting that was suppose to start at 4:30- when in reality it didn't begin until 6.  It got over around 8:30 and about 6 of us went and got some beers [naturally].  After the beers, a few more of us went to another restaurant and shared some tapas.  I went home early that night-like a good girl.
Yesterday, my cute roomie and I went and had lunch around the neighborhood where I work and then I met up with my co-worker, Francesco and his lovely Brazilian girlfriend, Carla!  We decided to take a train to this beautiful beach about 30minutes out of Barca- totally worth it.  We spent the afternoon playing soccer, napping, talking, and basking in the sun.  After the beach, they invited me over to their place for drinks and to relax- and Andre soon came over too.  It was a splendid time- we all hung out on their porch [which had a hammock and a beautiful view of a palace!] and told stories and just enjoyed eachothers company.  Life was good.  I was soon blown away when Carla turned on their projection screen in their family room and we all had a dance party for awhile - and then ended up showing eachother YouTube videos! [note: below is a movie I documented from last nights festivities!]
This morning, I woke up @ Andre's [my home away from home] and we got a quick breakfast and went to our co-worker's, Javier dance performance!  It was super neat- there were about six groups that danced to different genres of music.  After the performance, about 20 of us went to this museum for drinks and then naturally made our way to a restaurant for tapas.  After we ate, Andre and I went back to his place to grab our gear for the beach and then we went and met up with Francesco.  We all napped/lounged and played some paddle ball! [note: the picture above is of me and Andre!]  We soon met up with the people from the dance performance at another beach and we swam, ate empanadas and danced! I got home tonight around 11 and it was nice to be in my room again.
Anyway, life here is wonderful and I am so blessed to have found such great people to spend my days with.

xoxo,
mp

No comments:

Post a Comment