08 June 2009

note to self: ask locals for directions for now on.

So, this whole jet lag/sleeping business is still not working for me. I guess I'm never tired here at night. Because of this- I went to bed yesterday @ 6am and got up @ 9:30 for a program. However, miraculously I wasn't that tired during the day [it must have been the coca-cola lite!]
My roomie, Katherine arrived yesterday- she's a doll. And not only did she arrive, but my friend Jeanette was in town from England! Jeanette and I made plans last week for me to find her @ her hostel...and boy, was that easier than it sounds! After Katherine and I went and explored in Zara for awhile, we went to find this hostel. We had somewhat of a good idea where it was and some sloppy written directions on a notebook paper. I must have been crazy when I thought that would suffice. Not only did we get off on the wrong metro station, but we ended up walking up and down these huge hills that were full of beautiful houses. We asked for directions from a couple locals to get to this missing hostel- and it was pretty comical when one of them told us to take a left after the pine tree in the middle of the road! And he was right. After we found this pine tree- we found the INOUT hostel.
We then went to the reception to find out which room Jeanette and her friend Cassie were staying in. As we were about to walk into the restaurant, Jeanette and I spotted eachother and it was magical. I hadn't seen her since September and we definitely embraced eachother [note: the picture is of Jeanette and I!]
However, after all the merrymaking, Jeanette told me that her friend Cassie's purse got stolen at the beach in Barceloneta earlier in the day. I felt so bad. It had her passport, keys, credit cards and camera. Cassie was a mess. Luckily, we got her mind off things for a bit and went back to my campus and then headed down towards the sea.
I'm going with Jeanette and Cassie in the morning to help translate [or in about 6 hours] to get her another passport...so hopefully that goes okay! As well, tomorrow I'm probably getting a cell phone- so that's exciting! I feel so bare without one!

I should try to sleep...maybe my new name should be Ms. Insomniac? Or not so much. Night!

xoxo,
mp

No comments:

Post a Comment