21 June 2009

i'm so lucky, lucky.


I apologize thoroughly for not writing for what seems like forever. It's been a crazy life here lately!
Work last week was intense.  I think I spent more time at the studio than at home!  My co workers had a deadline for a design of a culinary school on Thursday- so they put me to work making things for the model!  I'm happy they had me help though because 1) I got to get to know another gal working there- Idoia [pronounced: Edoya] and we're becoming great friends! and  2) I got to learn more about putting models together!  
So, however, on Wednesday, I worked from 10-5 and then went back to the studio @ 9pm with goodies for everyone [such as: candies, cookies, Redbull!]  Idoia and I were making these little trees all day- until Enric [head hancho] said we could be done!  She went home, and I ended up going to get everyone sandwiches at a bar down the street and came back and started correcting some documents that were in English [it was about 1am]. I was planning on staying there all night [because the train closed at midnight] however, Enric told Andre to just send me home- but I was stuck because I didn't want to pay like 40 euro for a cab.  Luckily, I have great co-workers and Andre told me that I could stay at his & Viktor's [other co worker] place!  Conveniently it was only a 5 minute walk back to their place- I only went with Viktor because Andre ended up staying up all night at the studio [pobresito!]  We got to their place and it was HUGE.  They share the apartment with 2 other gals [one from Croatia and the other from just north of Barce]  and I ended up hanging out with them until about 4am.  I soon passed out for about 4 hours and in the morning, Viktor and I got some coffee and went to studio...in the same clothes as the night before!  I stayed at the office til 2ish and went home because I was sleep deprived.
Later Thursday afternoon, I went with my friend Bettina and got my haircut- BANGS!  After we went and got some sangria/tapas on this boat restaurant place on the harbor of the Mediterranean :) I got pretty tipsy and headed home around 9ish- however, I ended up making a detour to the studio to help with some last minute details of the model and got home around 12:30.
Friday, I got to work around 11ish and Andre and I went and got a quick breakfast.  We came back to work and he sent me on a mission- which consisted of me grabbing a taxi, going to a warehouse and picking up a computer screen and bringing it to an art museum that my work has a exhibition opening up at later this week!  I returned back to the studio and Andre sent me on another mission- which was me grabbing another taxi and dropping off a camera for my coworker at this big convention in Plaza Espanya.  After I got back- Andre and I went to lunch and this quaint little restaurant- we ended up sharing a bottle of wine and naturally, I  was pretty drunk at 4pm!  We went back to the studio for a couple hours- which was interesting! We then went to the art museum, Santa Monica together because he had to do couple things there.  A couple of our other co workers were there too, so we all got some beer after.  I went home and chilled after that.
Saturday,  we went on a tour of the Torres Vineyard! It was pretty fun!  Afterwards, we went to Montserrat a huge mountain in Barcelona! [note: the foto was candid of me adjusting my dress there!]  I was very excited to be there because it is a pilgrimage site because it has, Virgen de Montserrat/La Moreneta= the little dark skinned one in Catlan and she is the patron of Catalunya.  As well, I saw the scallop shell on the sidewalk- which is the symbol for the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia! :)  After all of this touring, I took a nap and went to the sweet bar on the hill again with a bunch of people and got home at 6:30am- again.
Today, Katherine and I slept til 12:30, got some lunch, I showed her the art museum for my work, and we headed down the beach at Barceloneta.  It was thee perfect day.  I'm about to freshen up and we're gonna get some dinner.
It's probably gonna be another long week again of working- but I love it.

xoxo,
mp

No comments:

Post a Comment